Letter To The Editor - Policy
- We reserve the right to refuse to print any submission for any reason in our sole discretion. We reserve the right to request that letters be rewritten by the writer for any reason in our sole discretion.
- Personal Letters to the Editor are limited to one per four week span. If you wish to print another one that will need to be a purchased ad.
- Personal attacks are not allowed in our Letters to the Editor.
- Letters to the Editor should be 400 words or less from start to finish. Lengthier letters or duplicate/similar letters may be placed in The Lakes News Shopper as a paid advertisement at the open rate. We will charge 20 cents per word over the 400-word limit with a $10 minimum charge.
- Letters to the Editor run when space is available. We sometimes receive more letters than we are able to print or duplicate letters, and are unable to print every Letter to the Editor during the week it is received.
- The views expressed are those of the writer’s and do not necessarily represent the views of the owner/publisher. All Letters to the Editor must be signed and accompanied by the writer’s full name, address, and phone number. Only the author’s full name and hometown will be printed.
As of December 14, 2023
Email Letter Here or Submit Below